Not only is it awards season in Hollywood, it's also apparently awards season in the film blogging community. This past week I was passed two participatory honors from fellow writers Mette at Lime Reviews and Strawberry Confessions and diamond.prairie of The Film Sloth: The Versatile Blogger aware and the Very Inspiring Blogger award. Thanks! While always an honor, every blogging award seems to come with a specific set of rules and responsibilities, frequently in the form of sharing random facts about yourself. BTW: why is that? I mean, we're bloggers! That's essentially all we do.
Anyhow, since both of the awards have similar rules, and I'm running down the clock on my winter break and still have roughly 67 things on my to-do list, I'm going to be a lazy lazy person and merge the two together. If I list you as a recipient and you already have one, congratulations! You've just received the other. If you don't have either? Congratulations! You're a winner two times over. Spread the blogging love.
The rules are:
- Display the award certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever sent you the award
- Present awards to deserving bloggers (The Versatile is 15, but it can be hard to track people down you know haven't received one if your community is small)
- Post seven interesting facts about yourself
THE SEVEN RANDOM FACTS
1. I spent the evening making sketches for a book jacket I'm supposed to design. I'm a little behind schedule.
2. A few days ago I bought a yoga mat. I have no intention of taking up yoga, but sometimes just like to lie on the floor.
3. I come from a family of serious foodies, but have a not-so-secret love of cheap, crappy Maruchan ramen noodles.
4. Though I think he's an incredible feature director, I wasn't impressed with Steve McQueen's video installation exhibition at the Art Institute. I did like "Deadpan" though.
5. If there's macaroni and cheese on the menu at a bar, I will probably order it.
6. I don't understand the mechanics of becoming successful at blogging.
7. Though everyone seems to hate it, Dark Shadows has become my go-to 'i'm feeling sick and don't want to move from the couch' movie. I just like it.
Now, to pay it forward (and pass it back!). Here are some blogs you should be reading:
1. The Film Sloth (The Versatile for you!)
2. Lime Reviews and Strawberry Confessions (The Very Inspiring for you!)
3. FilmFlare (with a killer new design)
4. Mettel Ray Movie Blog (who is far better at creating community than I'll ever be)